Saturday, May 21, 2011

Soooo Tired Tonight

I was going to post some progress pictures tonight... We're getting really close to the end of this renovation. But frankly, I was too tired to bother! Today has been a long day.

We were asked if the painters could come on Saturday and finish their part of the project a day earlier than proposed. "Early" appealed to us, so we agreed and I arranged to drop Savannah off for day care again this morning. But instead of "painters", we got one painter and his eight year old son! And Graham and I spent the whole day entertaining and being entertained by the eight year old! I finally went to pick up Savannah at 5:30, started preparing dinner at 6:00, and watched the painter and his son leave at 6:45. This was not the way I would like to spend another Saturday.

And Savannah, bless her little heart, has spent the last three days in doggie day care. She has had lots of little dogs to play with all day long, so when she finally gets home, she eats dinner, does her "business" outside, and then plops down wherever I am and is out like a light! Right now she is snoozing on the floor beside me. She's so tired she's not even snoring!

So, yes we are getting close to the end of the project. I have my wonderful new sink and faucet in and working beautifully. We have new doors and a window and all are stained or painted. All that's left is the electrical work and clean-up and then I can get my shades installed, the house thoroughly cleaned, the furniture moved and the television mounted. About the time I get that done, one of my children will be moving into a new rent house and the other will be following suit a few weeks later, into a new house of her own. One of these days I'll put my feet up and just relax.

Meanwhile, Savannah and I are ready to call it a day!


Savannah and a couple of new doggie friends at day care.

No comments: